What is a Rocket Stove?
- A rocket stove produces a very intense, very hot, smokeless flame using small amounts of wood
- A rocket stove is an efficient cooking stove using small diameter wood fuel which is burned in a simple high-temperature combustion chamber containing a vertical chimney, which ensures almost complete combustion prior to the flames reaching the cooking surface.
Why a Rocket Stove?
- It uses less fuel, therefore lower cost.
- It produces a very high heat output.
- It produces smoke only at the beginning.
- It reduces the exposure to indoor air pollution.
- It reduces lung, heart and eye problems.
- It reduces CO2 emissions and deforestation.
This video is less than 18 minute long and contains an amazing amount of detail. Thanks to Gene Lonergan.